Pages

August 8, 2011

Simple Sympathy

My Mom had asked for some sympathy cards to have on hand. She wanted something very simple. To her a sympathy card is white with Gold lettering. I have very limited sympathy sentiments so I used this retired set. I thought the Card was simple but elegant.My Mom was pleased with this one. What do you think?

Rubber Inkspirations Tips:
  • Punch the window with your wide oval punch first, then align the oval embossing folder over the widow cut out. You will get the perfect alignment this way.
  • Use light pencil marks to mark the edges of the windo opening to help with placement of the sentiment. Best to make the marks small, if you have to erase after the sentiment is embossed, the eraser dulls the shine of the embossing powder.
  • Use the embossing buddy. I find there is less "haze" on my cardstock if I use the embossing buddy first. By has I mean like a light powder not actual embossing granules. It is really noticeable on light & dark cardstock.
  • I used a heavy weight white cardstock for the base of the card because it is only a one layer card.

SUPPLIES
Stamps:  Simply Soft (hostess), Thanks for Caring
Ink: Versamark, Pretty in Pink & Pear Pizazz Markers
Accessories: Wide oval punch, Gold embossing Powder, Oval Designer Frame, Blender Pen

3 comments:

  1. Saw your card on Stampin' Connection. I love it. So you don't get crease marks around the edges of you folder, did you use no tabs & the premium crease pad? Also, it looks like you used 2 colors of pink but you only list p.i.p. Did you color certain areas extra to get the darker pink?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I created a shim smaller than the folder that fits over the oval but not past the sides of the folder. I used tab 1 and only one clear plate (sandwich tab 1, folder with paper, shim, clear plate. I got this info from this tutorial
    http://www.frenchiestamps.com/2011/07/embossing-isife-embossing-frame.html
    Essentially, your shim needs to be the same thickness as a clear plate but smaller than the folder.
    I only used P>I>P but did a couple of layers where I wanted darker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Wanda! I finally saw your comment on my blog and appreciate the answer.

    ReplyDelete